Creamy Tomato Soup one pan roasted on the oven and then blended in the blender this creamy tomato soup is flavor packed and so delicious.
One of my favorite things to add into soup is a parmesan rind it adds that umami flavor that we all love. All you need for this recipe is
- Canned whole tomatoes
- parmesan rind
- bay leaf
- dairy free or regular cream
- parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
Here are a few tips for making any type of soup.
- Make homemade stock- it is really a game changer, just throw all of your scraps in a pot cover with water and simmer for 30-45 minutes.
- Roast the vegetables you are using before you puree the soup. This adds so much flavor. If the recipe asks you to sweat the vegetables take 1/2 the vegetables and roast them with salt and pepper the other half sweat like the recipe calls for.
- Flavor boosters- parmesan cheese rinds and toasted spices. I love to add rinds into the soups and let them cook with the base and when ready to serve I pull it out.
- Brown or sear the protein you are using – this adds that delicious crust and also helps the meat from drying out
- Mix up textures – add beans, grains, crunchy slaw for topping or herby breadcrumbs
- Add a ton of fresh herbs and salt throughout the cooking process.
- Finish with a splash of acid – lemon juice your favorite vinegar etc. This just really brings out the flavors but wait to do this until the end of cooking!
- Add creaminess without cream – use coconut milk, puree the soup in the high speed blender, add a dollop of yogurt at serving.
- Don’t boil it to death – cook it low and slow
- Finally make enough to freeze – I personally think soup tastes better the next day and I love to freeze it so you can savor the flavors of seasons all year around!
Creamy Tomato Soup
Creamy, cozy tomato soup. Easy to make, delicious beyond belief!
Heat oven 350 ‘f . In an oven safe baking dish add onion, garlic, rind, bay leaves and tomato season with salt and pepper. Stir and bake 1 hour.
Place tomato mixture in a blender and add remaining ingredients. Blend until smooth and adjust seasonings if needed.
Remove from oven and discard rind and leaves . Add mixture to blender add remaining ingredients blend until smooth! Taste to adjust seasonings and serve!
- Don’t boil it to death - cook it low and slow