Whipped Feta with Watermelon and Mint! The ultimate one bite appetizer or snack for hot Summer days…
There is nothing better than a cold piece of watermelon on a hot summer day. I volunteered last weekend and catered an event for a local non profit in town that focuses on teaching kids on how to eat healthy and cook which I am all about. The event was for 35 people and since I am a team of one I had to come up with some dishes that were not only easy to make but also get for a hot day and easy to eat.
Enter in the whipped feta and watermelon. This dish is so easy to make and I have a feeling will become a summer staple. The best part is the whipped feta it only has 4 ingredients and really goes with so many dishes from breakfast toast to salad dressing.
Of course watermelon is best in the summer to make sure you pick a good one: the watermelon should feel heavy for it’s size, have a yellow spot near the bottom, pat it like a baby’s bottom and you should hear a deep hollow sound and that is when it is ripe. When cutting the melon only cut what you need and store the rest wrapped in beeswax so it will stay fresher longer.
To make this dish all you need is a food processor or a bowl and wooden spoon. Mix the crumbled feta, with olive oil salt, pepper and lemon juice until nice and creamy. Spoon onto chilled watermelon chunks, top with fresh chopped mint and a few cracks of black pepper.
Simple as that and something that with whole family will love!
Whipped Feta with Watermelon and Mint
- 1 1/2 cups crumbled feta
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 lemon zested and juiced
- 1 tbsp fresh cracked pepper
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 fresh watermelon cut into large cubes
- fresh mint
- fresh cracked pepper optional
- In a food processor add feta, olive oil, lemon juice, zest, salt and pepper. Blend until smooth and creamy. Add additional olive oil if needed and taste to adjust seasonings To serve spoon some feta on top of watermelon, sprinkle with fresh mint and fresh pepper if desired. Leftover feta will last in the fridge for 1 week!
If you make this recipe I would love to hear from you! Comment below and happy cooking!!