This ultimate turkey chili is loaded with everything you would want for dinner on a chilly fall day. I have to admit I am not a huge chili lover but boy did this one surprise me in an amazing way. From the thick savory texture, to the addicting hearty mix of beans and spices my bowl was wiped clean. One of my favorite parts was the toppings! I used fresh cilantro, avocado and crunchy tortilla chips for texture, which gave a perfect balance to the filling chili.
One of the best things about this chili is it can be made in 30 minutes and it’s full of healthy proteins, fats and veggies. Make it fun, get the little ones involved and have them set up a chili spread with a bunch of different toppings so everyone can make it their own.
Ultimate Turkey Chili
- 3 whole sweet potatoes peeled and chopped
- 2 lbs ground turkey
- 41/2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 14 oz cans fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 whole white onion chopped
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 small can diced green chiles
- 2 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp mexican oregano
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 can black beans drained
- 1 can kidney beans drained
- 1 can pinto beans drained
- 1 bag fire roasted corn thawed
- fresh cilantro for serving
- fresh diced avocado for serving
- tortilla chips for serving
- Heat oil in a large soup pot and saute onion, sweet potatoes and a pinch of salt for 5 minutes. Add ground turkey and begin to break up with a wooden spoon. While turkey is cooking add spices and garlic cook for an additional 5 minutes. It’s okay if turkey is not cooked through it will finish in the chili. Add fire roasted tomatoes and broth. Bring up to a boil and reduce to a simmer for 20 minutes. Add remaining beans, diced green chiles and corn. Cook for an additional 10 minutes or until heated through. Season with additional salt if needed. Garnish with your favorite toppings.
If you make this recipe please rate or leave a comment I would love to hear from you!