Summer vegetable Curry! The creamiest and easiest way to eat up all your summer veggies.
Soup in the summer you are probably thinking I am crazy because its so hot outside but I have been dreaming about traveling so I thought we could travel through our taste buds! Does that sounds like fun? This week we are off to India the curry capital of the world! Your tastebuds will be transported through flavor with out having to leave you couch (although most of us I am sure are wanting too).
Curries are awesome for weeknight meals because they cook up quickly, but still have a ton of flavor, almost like they’ve been simmering all day. This particular curry only takes about 10 minutes of prep and about 20 minutes of cooking time so you can easily have on the table in less than 30 minutes.
It’s hearty bowl full of deliciousness, loaded this with onion, carrots, zucchini, eggplant, red bell peppers, grilled corn, garlic, ginger and cauliflower rice. I love to use Thai Kitchen’s Red curry paste which has an incredible depth of flavor and really makes this dish taste like it has been cooking for hours.
Layered with flavor and texture this curry will satisfy all everyone at the table! I love to serve it with coconut lime and cilantro cauliflower rice!
Summer Vegetable Curry
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 3 whole carrots chopped
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 2 large summer squash chopped
- 2 cups diced eggplant
- 1/2 sweet onion diced
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 ears corn , grilled and cut off cob
- 2 garlic cloved minced
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger grated
- 2-3 tbsp red curry paste
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 lime juiced
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- Heat avocado oil in a large pot over medium heat. When the oil shimmers add the carrots, red peppers, onion, eggplant and squash. Season with salt. Cook for 5-6 minutes stiriing every few minutes until the vegetables begin to soften. Add the curry paste, garlic and ginger cook stiring frequently for 1 minute. Add the coconut milk and broth with additional 1/2 cup water. Stir to get all the flavor off the bottom of the pan. Bring the mixture to a simmer and cook for 5-10 minutes or until the sauce begins to thicken. Stir in the fish sauce, corn and lime juice. remove from heat. Top with cilantro and serve. Note- Can use frozen grilled corn if you dont want to buy freah and grill it yourself. You will just need 1 bag.
Cheers to new adventures and yummy food. If you make this recipe please comment below I love to hear from you!