Coconut Cinnamon Roll Muffins!
The ultimate treat to make Mom for Mothers Day! Sweet cinnamon swirls studded through a flaky dough with a hint of coconut. You might think I am a little crazy to pair coconut and a cinnamon roll but to be honest it’s all I had in my pantry and I do love coconut!
This recipe is adapted from Cookies and Cups No yeast cinnamon roll muffins I changed up a few ingredients and made them healthier. Instead of using butter I used coconut oil, coconut milk instead of regular milk, coconut sugar instead of brown sugar and gluten free flour instead of all purpose.
This literally turned into a what’s in your pantry recipe. So if you only have the original ingredients feel free to use them. I really enjoy the coconut flavor in these and they come out so delicious. Also if you have kiddos these are easy to have them make for mom. It might be a little messy but worth it!
Coconut Cinnamon Roll Muffins
- 3 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 2 cups all purpose gluten free flour
- 2 tbsp monkfruit sugar or regular
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 3/4 cup full fat coconut milk
- Raw Cane sugar for topping
- Preheat the oven to 375° F. Coat a muffin tin with nonstick spray.Filling – In a medium bowl combine the coconut oil, coconut sugar, and cinnamon. Set aside.Dough – In a large bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Using a pastry cutter or your hands, cut in the butter until combined. Slowly add in the milk and stir to combine, forming a dough. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead in any extra flour that didn’t mix in.Roll out the dough into a rectangle shape, approximately 1/4- inch thick. Spread the filling onto the dough evenly. Starting at the long end, tightly roll up the dough into a long log. Cut the dough into 12 pieces .Place each piece into the prepared muffin tins. Sprinkle each one with a little bit of raw sugar. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the centers are baked. Remove from the oven and place the pan on a wire rack to cool.
To all of the momma’s out there I hope you have an amazing mother’s day! Thank you for all of you do. Happy baking!