Spinach, Artichoke, And White Bean Dip! This Healthy Bake Is Filled With Creamy White Beans, Chunky Artichokes, And All The Greens. Rich And Velvety Like The Original But Nutritious And Packed With Flavor.
Will new years this weekend and football season wrapping up I thought this is a great dish for any event. This is so easy to make I couldn’t resist. This is a one pan wonder. Can be made ahead, and even used as a sauce for grains and pasta.
What makes this dip is the use of cashews and beans for the sauce, which creates the creaminess we all love. I mean you can’t have a dip and it not be creamy
Ingredients For The Dip
- Frozen spinach which I find is better than fresh because there is no residual water let over after cooking. So make sure before you add it to the pan you squeeze as much water out as possible.
- A can of whole artichoke hearts which I drained and chopped.
- 1 can white beans I love cannalenni, drained and rinsed.
- Garlic and onion well because I literally have a hard time cooking with out them.
- Cashews which help make the creamy sauce.
- Parmesan cheese or nutritional yeast for cheesiness.
- Panko Bread crumbs for the crispy crunchy topping
It is really easy to make and delicious ! This is a great way to sneak in veggies and still have that yummy comfort food.
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp kosher salt
1 medium sweet onion, diced
4 garlic cloves minced
1 jar artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
1 16 ounce bag frozen spinach, defrosted and water squeezed out
1 can cannelloni beans, drained and rinsed
1/4 cup cashews
juice and zest 1 small lemon
1/4 cup almond milk
1 tsp fresh thyme
1 tsp fresh chopped basil
1 tsp fresh oregano
1 tsp onion powder
pinch red pepper flakes
1 tbsp olive oil
1/4 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
1/2 cup gluten free breadcrumbs
Preheat oven to 400 ‘F.
In oven safe skillet over medium heat, heat the olive oil. Sauce the onion and season with salt until translucent. Add the garlic and sauce until fragrant. add the spinach, artichoke hearts and 1 cup beans. Stir and remove pan from heat.
In a food processor add the cashews, almond milk, lemon juice and zest, herbs and process until smooth. Mix into the skillet mixture.
in a small sauce pan add the olive oil and toast breadcrumbs for 2-3 minutes and sprinkle on top of the spinach mixture. Top with parmesan and bake 15 minutes.