Paleo and Vegan Snickerdoodle Stuffed Brownies!!
If you love snickerdoodle cookies and brownies you will LOVE these delicious healthyish bites of goodness. Just imagine taking a bite of a gooey snickerdoodle cookie inside of a fudgy brownie perfection!
For those that know me know I have a bit of a nut butter obsession I love it so much and literally eat it daily. I recently stumbled upon Ground Up PDX a nut butter company based out of Portland, Oregon. Their nut butters are incredible from the flavor to the textures and ingredient list it can’t be beat. I literally have every flavor LOL! Another amazing thing about the company is it’s women run and they employ women overcoming adversity in the Portland area which I think is amazing.
For this recipe I used their cinnamon snickerdoodle flavor which is a cashew, almond base with cinnamon, vanilla and a hint of honey. Tastes just like a snickerdoodle and makes it perfect for these brownies.
Since these brownies are paleo and vegan the main ingredients you will need are nut butter, almond flour, flax seed (eggs), apple sauce, coconut sugar, vanilla, cacao powder, dark chocolate ( I love Hu Kitchen) and coconut oil. These brownies were inspired by Paleo Running Momma’s peanut butter stuffed brownies which are so delicious as well. I used some applesauce to cut down on the amount of oil in the brownies you can’t even taste it. These are perfect for dessert or an afternoon sweet treat.
Get your oven ready it brownie making time 🙂
Snickerdoodle Stuffed Brownies
- 1 cup cinnamon snickerdoodle nut butter
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp apple sauce
- 2 flax eggs 2 Tbsp ground flaxseed mixed with 6 Tbsp water allow to sit 10 minutes
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup cashew butter
- 1/4 cup apple sauce
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup almond flour
- 1/2 tsp espresso powder optional
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips or Hu Gems
- In a medium bowl, mix all ingredients to blend all the ingredients until a smooth cookie dough like mixture forms. Place in the refrigerator until ready to use.Prepare the flax eggs* as described in the ingredients and preheat your oven to 350° F. Line an 8 x 8” square baking pan with parchment paper on the bottom and up the sides.Place the baking chocolate In a large microwave safe bowl. Melt in the microwave in 30-second increments, whisking after each, until completely smooth. Whisk or blend in the nut butter, apple sauce, coconut oil, sugar, vanilla, and flax eggs. Add the almond flour, cacao powder, baking soda and salt to the chocolate mixture. Mix well to fully combine.Spread half the brownie batter in the prepared pan. Scoop out spoonfuls of the nut butter mixture and flatten with your hands a bit. ( if it's really sticky wet your hands to spread out)Arrange in a layer over the batter. Cover with the remaining batter and spread evenly.top woth chocolate chips and Bake in the preheated oven for 18-20 minutes or until just set in the center. Remove from the oven and allow to cool before cutting. Note – If you dont have the snickerdoolde nut butter I recommed mixing 2/3 cup of cashew butter with 1/3 cup almond butter, 1/2 tsp cimmanon, pinch of salt and a splash of vanilla. I have not tested the recipe with this but I think it will still give you that snickerdoodle flavor.
If you make these brownies please comment below I would love to hear from you!