Lucuious baked halibut with a touch of lemon, Dijon mustard and fresh herbs is an ideal healthy meal and it’s ready to serve in around twenty minutes!
Halibut is one of my favorite types of fish to cook its very versatile, really moist and perfect for anyone who gets nervous cooking fish. The light and moist filets are a perfect canvas for acidic lemon, fresh herbs and tangy dijon mustard. I love this flavor pairing together makes it an easy delicious weeknight meal.
A few tips for when buying and cooking the halibut. For buying make sure the fish is firm and the freshest possible. Talk to your fish monger or buy frozen which is actually freshest. When cooking make sure you dry the fish really well before seasoning and its takes about 10 minutes for every inch of thickness. I like to cook mine at 400’F , I find this temperature perfect to quick cooking and still keeps the fish moist.
All you need for this recipe is fresh halibut, dijon mustard,(this one is my favorite) capers, fresh herbs, salt and pepper. I find this recipe also great for the non fish lovers. Its not fishy tasting and really flavorful.
Simple Oven Baked halibut
- 4 Fresh halibut filets
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 4 tsp djion mustard 1 tsp each filet
- 1 lemon zested and juiced 1/4 tsp zest per filet
- 2 tbsp capers chopped 1/2 tsp per filet
- 1/4 cup fresh herbs I used parsley and basil
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 400°, line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil, and position your oven rack in the center of your oven. (If using parchment, cut the parchment to fit your baking sheet, with no overhang.Pat each filet dry with paper towels and season each side with salt and pepper. Place the halibut fillets onto the prepared baking sheet, and brush each fillet with the mustard about 1 tsp each. Sprinkle chopped capers on top and lemon zest. Then add fresh herbs on top. Drizzle with olive oil.Place the seasoned fillets into the oven and bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until cooked through. Remove from the oven and top with fresh lemon juice.
If you make this recipe please comment below I love to hear from you!