Simple Grilled Asparagus!
Asparagus season has arrived and I couldn’t be more excited! Asparagus are one of my favorite spring vegetables. They are loaded with antioxidants, fiber and so easy to prepare. Fun fact did you know they are apart of the Lily family and originates from the mediterranean.
A few of my favorite ways to prepare asparagus are roasting in the oven, making pesto, sautéing into a frittata and of course grilling! For this recipe I simply brushed them in avocado oil, seasoned with salt and pepper and grilled for 3-4 minutes per side. For serving I topped them with a sunflower seed gremolata filled with lemon, garlic and parsley.
Quick tip for storing asparagus. When you get them home from the store trim the bottoms off and place in a glass with some water inside. You just want enough water so it reaches the root bottoms. This way they stay fresher for longer.
Simple Grilled Asparagus
- 1 bunch asparagus washed and trimmed
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- kosher salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup toasted sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp lemon zest and juice
- 1 garlic clove minced
- Heat bbq grill on high. Brush asparagus with avocado oil and season with salt and pepper. Place on grill adn grill 3-4 minutes per side or until cooked. May take a little more or less time depending on how thick your stalks are. In a bowl mix together sunflower seeds, parsley, garlic, lemon zest and juice. Sprinkle on top of grilled asparagus and serve.
Happy Easter Everyone!!