“I received free samples of Cabot Cheese mentioned in this post. By posting this recipe I am entering a recipe contest sponsored by Cabot Cheese and am eligible to win prizes associated with the contest. I was not compensated for my time.”
Roasted Tomato and Cheddar stuffed chicken breasts! Stuffed with juicy summer tomatoes, Cabot sharp cheddar cheese and spinach for the perfect family dinner.
I am so excited to share I entered my first recipe contest and it features Cabot sharp cheddar cheese. If you are not familiar with there cheese, Cabot is a cooperative owned by 800 farm families throughout New England & New York and 100% of profits go back to the farmers. All Cabot Cheddars are 100% Naturally Lactose-Free, naturally aged all Cabot Cheddars are naturally Gluten-Free and so delicious.
For this recipe I thought it would be great to use the cheese in a stuffing because there is nothing better than a gooey center. Pairing it with slow roasted summer tomatoes and hearty spinach it blends perfectly for stuffing chicken.
I have so many tomatoes from the farm that my favorite thing to do is slow roast them. I simply cut them in half and season with salt, pepper, thinly sliced garlic and fresh herbs. Drizzle with olive oil and roast at 300’F for 60-80 minutes.
How to make these delicious chicken breasts:
- Make the stuffing – mixture of roasted tomatoes, grated cabot cheddar cheese, spinach and herbs
- Take 4 boneless chicken breasts and cut pockets in to the breasts
- divide the stuffing into each breasts and bake in the oven at 375’F for 25-30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
These chicken breasts are budget and family friendly perfect for meal prep and gathering around the family dinner table.
Roasted Tomato and Cheddar Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 lb bag frozen chopped spinach thawed
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 shallot choopped
- 2 garlic cloves thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 cups Cabot Sharp Cheddar cheese grated
- 1/2 cup fresh basil torn
- 1 cup roasted tomatoes
- 2-3 lbs fresh tomatoes sliced in half
- 3 garlic cloves thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Roasted Tomaotes: Preheat the oven to 300 degrees. Lay tomatoes cut side up in an oven safe baking dish. Season with salt, pepper and thyme leaves. Scatter garlic slices over tomaotes and drizzle with olive oil. Place in the oven and bake 60-80 minutes. Remove from the oven and drizzle with vinegar and allow to cool. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.Place the chicken breasts on a cutting board and drizzle with oil.Add the spices to a small bowl and stir to combine. Sprinkle evenly over both sides of the chicken. Use a sharp knife to cut a pocket into the side of each chicken breast. Set chicken aside.In a medium saute pan heat 1 tsp olive oil, add shallot and garlic and seaosn with salt. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until fragrant. Add the thawed spinach and saute for 2-3 minutes just until heated through. Remove from the heat and set aside allow to cool.In a medium bowl add the grated cheese, fresh basil, spinach mixture and roasted tomatoes mix to combine. Stuff each chicken breast with the stuffing (you will probably have extra) and then place the chicken breasts in a 9×13 baking dish. Bake, uncovered, for 25-30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.If you want a bit of a crust on the chicken I recommend broiling the chicken for 2-3 minutes right before serving!
If you are looking for a #healthybudget friendly meal this chicken will definitely check all the boxes. A special thank you to Cabot Cheese for sending me there delicious cheese to amen recipes with. If you make this recipe I love to hear from you. Have an amazing week!