Crispy Roasted Broccoli, Crunchy Red Cabbage and almonds all tossed in a Creamy Parmesan Lemon Dressing!
Time to say hello to my favorite Broccoli salad. This is the best broccoli salad I’ve ever had. Why? It’s crisp, crunchy and fresh, which is exactly what I want broccoli salad to be.
Standard broccoli salads include mayonnaise, sugar and bacon, and you won’t find any of those here.
I tried to get as many colors of the rainbow into this delicious dish we are only missing orange! But loaded with green from the broccoli and herbs, yellow with the lemons, red from the dried cranberries and blue/purple from the cabbage. I am a huge texture person when I eat so not only does eating the rainbow help with that but also the addition of crunchy almonds. This salad is a perfect transition food from rich winter meals to healthier spring options.
That said, if you’re craving a lighter salad, this has your name all over it.
The lemon parmesan dressing gives you that creaminess one would get from the traditional mayonnaise sugar filled dressing. Roasting and adding some raw broccoli really adds those layers of flavor and texture which make a delicious dish.
You can easily meal prep this salad too I just recommend if you want to make it last all week keep the dressing separate as it will only stay fresh for about 2 days when everything is tossed together. Lastly make sure when you buy your dried cranberries they don’t have added oils or sugars not need to add excess into this healthy bowl of goodness.
Roasted Broccoli Lemon Salad
- 2 heads of broccoli chopped save 1 cup raw for salad
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries or raisins make sure no added oils and sugar
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1/2 cup chopped red cabbage
- Grilled Lemon Parmesan Dressing
- 2 grilled lemons ( cut in half and place in the grill until charred) juiced
- 2 peeled garlic cloves
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp aleppo pepper optional
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 400’F. Drizzle the broccoli on the baking sheet with the olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt. Mix it around so that all of the broccoli is coated with oil. Pop it in your oven and let it roast for 15-20 minutes, or until the florets are dark brown. Remove them from the oven and toss with parsley and lemon zest. add them to a bowl with the raw broccoli and remaining salad ingredients. Dressing – place all dressing ingredients in a bender and blend until smooth. Taste and add more salt if needed. To dress salad I use 1/4 cup of dressing a t a time and add as needed. Also love to chop up the grilled lemon peels for added flavor but completely optional. Serve right away or can be made a day ahead. Store in glass containers.
If you make this dish I would love to hear from you!
If you are wanting to eat the Rainbow come join me for all the fun here !!