Crispy Ranch flavored Carrot Fries with Crispy Cauliflower! Move over Doritos whole real foods are where its at!
Who loves carrots and ranch or even Doritos ranch style? One thing I love to do is take some of my favorite flavors and put then on veggies hence the carrots and ranch. As a kid my friend and I would actually eat saltines and ranch dressing but that is a story for another day LOL!
These carrots are so delicious you don’t even need dressing and the crispy cauliflower adds that perfect texture and of course herbs because we all need more green in our lives.
Spring has sprung and I could not be more excited for the vegetables that are in season. Even though we can get carrots all year round the spring is when carrots begin to harvest and pop up in farmers markets. There are so many ways to cook and eat carrots that they are a staple in my kitchen. Don’t forget to eat the tops too they provide more nutrition than the actual carrot!
For this recipe I made a homemade ranch seasoning mix with onion powder, garlic powder, dried onion flakes, dried parsley, dried dill, nutritional yeast, salt and pepper. It may sounds like a lot but I make a big batch and keep it in my spice cupboard so it can be used anytime. Also delicious on chicken and other veggies.
Tips for the crispiest fries:
- While the oven is preheating keep the baking sheet in the oven
- Cut the carrots into equal sized fries ( don’t worry about peeling them just wash again there are key nutrients in the peels)
- Spread the carrots out so there is space between them this way they roast and get crispy and do not steam
Making these fries is really simple and a fun way to change up the typical potato. Fun to make with the kids and also teach them veggies can be delicious without all the added processed foods. If you make this ahead simply store in glass containers and reheat in the oven for a few minutes to crisp back up. Happy cooking!
Ranch Roasted Carrot Fries with Crispy Cauliflower
- Ranch Seasoning
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp dried onion flakes
- 11/2 tbsp dried parsley
- 11/2 tsp tsp dried dill
- 2 tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp dried chives
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- Carrots and Cauliflower
- 2 lb whole carrots – cut into fries just wash and leave skin on
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/2 head cauliflower riced better to rice yourself don’t buy pre- riced
- 3 tbsp garlic olive oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- Seasoning – mix all ingredients in a bowl ( double the recipe and keep in pantry if preferred) Carrots and Cauliflower – Heat oven to 400’F place baking sheet in oven. In a large bowl toss carrots with avocado oil and 2 tbsp ranch mix. Lay out on baking sheet and roast 15-20 minutes or until crispy. In the same bowl add cauliflower and olive oil season with salt. Place on another baking sheet and roast 25-30 minutes until crispy. Once the veggies are done roasting toss in a large bowl with vinegar and herbs! Serve right away or store in a glass container to eat later in the week.
I love to get my spices from Thrive Market I save a ton of money and they come in the perfect size to keep spices fresh!
If you make this recipe I would love to hear from you! Have an amazing day!