Rich and Gooey Pumpkin Nutella Cookies!
Fall baking has begun and no better way to kick things off than these pumpkin nutella cookies. These are so easy to make with only five ingredients: hazelnut spread, pumpkin puree, flour, one egg and vanilla. One bowl you are on your way to cookie heaven.
Chocolate and pumpkin I find are a delicious combo which is how I came up with these cookies. These are definitely more chocolatey than pumpkin but who doesn’t love chocolate! Now you might be thinking Nutella is not so healthy right?! You are correct I use this hazelnut spread that tastes exactly like Nutella but doesn’t have all the added sugar.
These literally come together in minutes and you can bake them right away or for even more flavor let the dough sit in the fridge for a few hours. Cookie dough is like some marinades the longer you let it sit the more flavor you get!
You will need one cup of hazelnut spread, one cup of flour ( I used oat flour to keep it gluten free and add a bit of nutrition), 1 room temperature egg, 1 tsp of vanilla, pinch of salt and dark chocolate chips for topping. You can also add 1 tsp of pumpkin spice seasoning to get more pumpkin flavor if you like!
Pumpkin Nutella Cookies
- 1 cup Nutella/ Hazelnut Spread
- 1 egg room temperature
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup Oat Flour or all purpose flour
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice (optional)
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350'F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside. In a large bowl add all cookie ingredients( save 1/4 cup chocolate chips for topping) and mix well with a wooden spoon. Once mixed you can place in the fridge for a few hours up to 24. To bake right away portion the dough into 12 servings. Roll the dough into balls and place 6 on each cookie sheet. Press the dough balls down a little with your first two fingers and top with chocolate chips. Bake in the oven 12-15 minutes or until the edges become slightly browned and crispy. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely. Store in a air thight container for up to 5 days.
If you try these cookies I would love to hear from you! Have an amazing weekend!