PUMPKIN CHOCOLATE BARK! RICH AND CHOCOLATEY BARK TOPPED WITH MAPLE ROASTED PUMPKIN AND TOASTED PUMPKIN SEEDS.
Pumpkin season is upon us and I could not be more excited. With halloween coming in two weeks I thought it would be so fun and delicious to make a healthy chocolate bark. I know halloween is typically known for all the candy and unhealthy treats this bark can take place of those and be a more satisfying treat with nutrients.
I used my favorite dairy free chocolate from Evolved Chocolate and melted it with a little bit of coconut oil. Spread it on parchment paper and then topped it with fresh pumpkin I roasted with maple syrup and a pinch of salt. Place it in the fridge for a few hours and its ready for eating.
If you go to the pumpkin patch this year pick make sure you pick up a few small pumpkins you can use for eating. They are so delicious and so fun to scoop out the seeds and make your own toasted seeds. It can be a bit messy but this is so fun to make with the kids! This is a great way to use the whole vegetable and have fun doing so.
Get your chocolate and favorite toppings to make this simple and healthy chocolate bark!
Pumpkin Chocolate Bark
- 12 ounces dairy free chocolate
- 1/2 tsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup fresh pumpkin diced
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon optional
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup toasted pumpkin seeds, dried fruit, nuts etc..
- Roasted PumpkinPreheat oven to 375'F. Toss pumpkin in a bowl with maple syrup and season with salt and cinnamon if using. Place on a baking sheet and roast 20-25 minutes. Remove from the oven amd allow to cool Chocolate bark:Line a small or medium baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.To melt the chocolate, use the double boiler method or do the following. Add chocolate and coconut oil to a medium, microwave-safe bowl. Heat in 20-second increments until melted. Stir in between heating increments, until smooth. Pour onto prepared baking sheet. Using a rubber spatula, spread into an even layer of desired thickness. Sprinkle with roasted pumpkin and any additional toppings you love.Refrigerate until firm, about 20 mins. Immediately remove from refrigerator and allow to reach room temperature before cutting (to avoid leaving fingerprints/sweating). Separate chocolate from paper. Break or cut into pieces. Enjoy!