Pretzel Quinoa Mustard Crusted Chicken Tenders!!
Say hello to your new favorite healthier chicken tender! Crispy on the outside juicy in the inside. Crusted with a pretzel quinoa crust that is sure to indulge every chicken finger craving. I love making healthier versions of childhood favorites and this definite checks all the boxes. These are easy to make and perfect for the kids to help make too! It might be messy but worth it!
I have never met a kid that didn’t like chicken fingers. Especially that we are all still at home i’m sure these will become a repeat in the household. The great thing is this recipe contains all ingredients you probably have at home. Pretzels, quinoa, potato starch or flour, eggs, mustard and avocado oil. I made them a little healthier by using potato starch, using quinoa and pretzels as the crust and cooking them in the oven.
These can be made ahead and last a few days in the fridge or they can also be cooked up and frozen for meals later in the week. Great for breakfast on top of a waffle, for lunch in a salad and dinner as a main. Get the family ready for a new favorite to add to your meal plans!
Pretzel Quinoa Mustard Crusted Chicken Tenders
- 1 cup potato starch
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tbsp Spicy ground brown mustard
- 1 cup cooked quiona
- 2 cups crushed gluten free pretzels
- 11/2-2 lbs pasture raised chicken tenders
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- honey for drizzling (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.Create a breading station with 3 plates. On one plate, combine the potato starch, salt, and pepper. On second plate, whisk the eggs, mustard and salt. On the last plate, combine the cooked quinoa and crushed pretzels.Take each chicken tender through the breading line, first dipping it in the potato starch mixture, then dredging it in the egg mixture to coat completely, letting the excess drip off, then coating it with the pretzel mixture. Set the pieces on a baking sheet as you finish.In a large sauté pan, add avocado oil over medium heat.Working in batches, set the tenders in the pan and raise the heat to medium-high. Cook the tenders, turning them gently after 2 to 4 minutes, until the crumbs are browned on both sides and the chicken is cooked through. Transfer them to a baking dish or baking sheet as you finish each batch.Transfer the tenders to the oven and bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until cooked through.Drizzle with honey and serve with your favorite dipping sauces.
If you make this recipe please comment below I love to hear from you!!