Rich and Creamy Hummus filled with veggies and tastes just like PIZZA!
DO you like Pizza and Hummus? Then you will love this super creamy hummus and guess what there is no beans! It’s secretly veggie packed and still gives that same hummus texture and pizza taste we all love.
I created this dip literally with the leftovers I had in my fridge. Each week I have my own version of chopped I take whatever ingredients I have in my fridge and create a dish. I love doing this not only for creative purposes but it really helps reduce waste and saves a ton of money.
I didn’t have a can of beans but I had a head of cauliflower and thought lets make a dip and boy did it deliver. The cauliflower is roasted for an extra depth of flavor and then blended with tomato paste, garlic, parmesan cheese, lemon, tahini and herbs. All the pizza flavors without the pizza. I used sundried tomatoes to top the dip but you can honestly use your favorite pizza toppings from meats to veggies to get the full experience.
Another amazing thing about the hummus is its fantastic for meal prep. Make it ahead on sunday and it will last all week. Can be used for salads, grain bowls, after school snacks and more. Just make sure you store it in a glass storage container as it will keep for the optimum freshness.
Make your week a bit easier and this delicious dip on hand for whenever you need it. Its a one bowl blended dip of deliciousness!
- 1 medium head cauliflower
- 1 tsp avocado oil
- 2 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp sea salt divided
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/3 cup tahini
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 3 Tbsp grated Parmesan or nutritional yeast
- 2 – 3 Tbsp water as needed
- 2 Tbsp sun dried tomatoes chopped (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 425'F.Chop cauliflower into small pieces.Place cauliflower on a baking sheet and toss with avocado oil, 1 tsp sea salt and pepper. Roast for 20 – 25 minutes. Allow to cool.Place all ingredients in the bowl of a food processor.Blend until smooth. Stopping to scrape down the sides as needed. Add water to thin, if necessary.Scoop into a serving bowl and serve with your favorite "dippers." Try sliced bell peppers,carrots, jicama, or even all-natural pepperoni slices.
If you make this recipe please comment below. I love to hear from you! Happy Cooking!