PEANUT BUTTER CARAMEL AND TOFFEE CHOCOLATE COOKIE CUPS! PALEO AND VEGAN FRIENDLY A CHOCOLATE CRUST WITH A GOOEY PEANUT BUTTER CARAMEL TOPPING.
Calling all chocolate and peanut butter lovers! If you have ever dipped oreos into peanut butter ( the parent trap was my favorite movie growing up) these will remind you of that. The thing I love about these is they are refined sugar free, dairy free and have nutrients from the almond flour and peanuts. Perfect for Valentines day coming up or just an after dinner treat.
One thing I try to make sure I do when baking is to use ingredients that actually provide nutrition as opposed to making treats that are more of a waste. I stock my pantry with almond and coconut flours, coconut sugar, date syrup, coconut milk, raw nuts and seeds and oil sugar free added nut butters. For chocolate I love dark chocolate with less than 4 grams of sugar per serving or even 100% cacao for certain treats. I highly encourage if you love to bake stock your pantries with healthier ingredients so you get more nutrition from the treats you eat.
For these cookie cups the base is oreo like and the peanut butter toffee caramel came together from the leftover caramel I had from the baked oatmeal recipe I shared last week. I simply add smooth peanut butter and chopped peanuts with chocolate chunks and boy is it delicious. Creamy, crunchy and peanut buttery. Topped with a sprinkle of sea salt you get the chocolatey, peanut buttery and salty goodness we all love in desserts.
Peanut Butter Toffee Caramel Cookie Cups
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tbsp flax mixed with 3 tbsp water
- 1 tsp vanilla + pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 tsp espresso powder
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup peanut butter can sub another nut butter if needed
- 3/4 cup toffee caramel sauce Recipe in notes
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
- 1 1/4 tsp vanilla
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 cup chopped dark chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350F. Combine all cookie ingredients until dough forms.Press into the bottoms of a lined cupcake tin.Bake for 10-12 mins. They should be slightly soft & will set up more as they cool.Make the filling by blending everything together until smooth. Taste & adjust as needed .Divide the mixture amongst the cooled crusts and top with chocolate chips. Place in the freezer to set and serve frozen or at room temperature. Store in the fridge or freezer. Toffee Caramel2 cans full fat coconut milk 3/4 cup coconut sugar 2 tbsp toffee stevia @nowfoodsofficial pinch of salt 1 tsp vanilla extract 1 tsp espresso powder Place coconut milk and coconut sugar into a sauce pan. Bring mixture to a boil and reduce to a simmer until it reduces to about 2 cups. ( you want it rich and caramel like) remove from the heat and add stevia, vanilla and espresso powder. Allow to cool and store leftovers in the fridge up to one week!
If you make this recipe I love to hear from you! Please comment below or tag me on instagram @danielle_christy_ Have an amazing day!