Paleo and Vegan Coffee Toffee Caramel Baked oatmeal! Say hello to the breakfast of your dreams!
Are you a breakfast eater? I personally do not get hungry until around noon so I tend to have breakfast for lunch. It can vary depending on the day I’ll either do sweet or savory. Since it has been chilly here in Park city I have been craving a hearty bowl of oats. I have been working on a new course ( launching soon) and meal prepping more meals and thought let try a baked oatmeal and boy does this deliver. Perfect for a family weekend breakfast or a quick and easy meal prepped meal for the busy weekdays.
This baked oatmeal is filled with wholesome ingredients, sweetened with coconut sugar and filled with crunchy toasty pecans. For the caramel make sure you make extra haha kidding but not it came out so delicious. Dairy free by using coconut milk and the coffee toffee flavors come from espresso powder and toffee stevia. I also cooked the oats in fresh brewed coffee and almond milk that adds that extra coffee flavor.
Few tips you can make the caramel ahead, I love using sprouted oats I get them from Thrive Market not only do I feel they give a better texture but when you eat sprouted grains the body absorbs and digests more of the nutrients from the foods. A win win for the microbiome. There will be extra caramel sauce and I highly recommend drizzling it on top right before serving!
I stored the baked oatmeal in the fridge and it lasted for 4-5 days, it can also be frozen for a few months.
Coffee Toffee Caramel Baked Oatmeal
- 4 cups gluten free oatmeal
- 2 cups brewed coffee
- 2 cups almond milk
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup toffee caramel
- 1 cup chopped toasted pecans
- Toffee Caramel
- 2 cans full fat coconut milk
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp toffee stevia @nowfoodsofficial
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp espresso powder
- Bring coffee, salt and almond milk to a boil add in oats and cook for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat mix in caramel and 1/2 cup pecans. Spray a 8×8 baking dish and pour oatmeal into dish and top with remaining pecans. Bake for 15-20 minutes until set. Allow to cool a bit serve right away or store in the fridge 3-4 days. Also dont forget to top it with more caramel sauce before serving!! Place coconut milk and coconut sugar into a sauce pan. Bring mixture to a boil and reduce to a simmer until it reduces to about 2 cups. ( you want it rich and caramel like) remove from the heat and add stevia, vanilla and espresso powder. Allow to cool and store leftovers in the fridge up to one week!
If you make this recipe I would love to hear from you!! Have an amazing day!!