One Pan Roasted Halibut with a delicious Artichoke and Pepper Relish
Nothing beats a one pan dish it makes healthy eating and getting meals on the table so easy. I find quite a bit of people are afraid of cooking fish if you keep it simple its really easy to make sure it is moist and flaky every time you cook it. This has been a crowd favorite for a few of the families I cook for I thought I would share it with you.
Few tips on cooking fish:
- Make sure it’s fresh it should not smell fishy or be separating in the flesh.
- Frozen fish is great as well so easy to defrost and cook in no time
- Wether cooking a whole filet or pieces make sure they are close to the same thickness
- Do not marinade for a long period of time it will begin to cook the fish
- If searing the fish in a pan make sure you dry it completely before adding to the pan
For this recipe you start with slow roasting the artichoke and pepper relish in a baking dish. After about 35 minutes of slow roasting you remove it from the pan and then cook the fish for 2-3 minutes under the broiler and top with relish and serve! Simple and delicious. Another great thing about this recipe is you can just make the relish and it goes well with so many dishes from eggs to grain bowls and lasts in the fridge for one week. Hello meal prep.
One Pan Roasted Halibut with Artichoke and Pepper Relish
- 1 can artichoke hearts drained
- 2 bell peppers thinly sliced
- 1 red onion thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves thinly sliced
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp capers with brine
- 2 tbsp sherry vinegar
- fresh herbs
- 4 pieces of Halibut
- Preheat oven to 375'F. In a large baking dish mix the artichoke, peppers, onion, garlic and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and bake in the oven at 375’f for 35 minutes. Remove from the oven and add the capers, sherry vinegar and herbs. Mix together and pour into a bowl. For the fish pat the fish very dry season both sides with salt and pepper. Turn the oven to broil and place the fish in the same baking dish as the veggies you roasted. Broil 2-3 minutes per side. When fish is done remove from the oven and pour the vegetable mixture over the fish and serve!