Oatmeal Apple butter bars are one of the first things I make once apple season begins. I am so excited because this year I actually get to go apple picking. My parents are coming next weekend for my birthday and when they asked me what I wanted to do I said I want to go apple picking. Apples come in so many varieties I can’t wait to see what the local Utah orchard has to offer.
Now back to these bars. They are so simple to make, gluten free and can be made in one bowl, need I say more. Layers of an oat crumble stuffed with homemade or store bought apple butter and baked to crisp perfection. These are like an apple crisp but without all the work and perfect for snacking or dessert.
- 2 cups Oats
- 1 cup Almond flour or flour of choice
- ½ - ¾ cup coconut sugar depending on how sweet your apple butter is
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup coconut oil softened
- 1 cup apple butter
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 9-inch square baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In large bowl, combine oats, flour, sugar, salt and cinnamon.
- Add butter and beat with electric mixer on low until mixture is crumbly.
- Pat half of the mixture, about 2 cups into baking pan.
- Spread apple butter evenly over crumb layer.
- Sprinkle remaining crumbs over apple butter and press down gently.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until golden.
- Transfer pan to wire rack and cool completely.
If you go apple picking or make these bars please comment below. I would love to hear from you!