Mexican Zoodle Bowls!! Crunchy, crisp zoodled beets topped with a creamy Mexican inspired Grilled Avocado Sauce!
It’s ZOODLE time! I can’t believe it has taken me this long to bust out my inspiralizer! I love using this tool in the summer makes for the perfect veggie noodle. For the dish above I spirlized beets literally hands down one of my favorite vegetables. I don’t know if its because my grandparents grew them in the backyard when I was a kid or its just the taste. Either way I eat them daily!
For this recipe I went mexican and made a grilled onion, pepita, grilled avocado sauce I am not sure if you want to call it a pesto or guacamole but it is quite tasty . Then I tossed in grilled summer corn, black beans, pickled jalapeños and fresh summer tomatoes with the beets. Came out delicious and perfect for these hot days!
The avocado sauce is also a perfect meal prep sauce I know school is starting soon and meal planning will be back in full swing. I am all about making sauces in advance that way you are one step closer to a delicious meal.
If you don’t have an inspiralizer you can simply use a potato peeler and cut into thin strips or if you are not a fan of beets sweet potatoes are also delicious!
Mexican Zoodle Bowls with Creamy Avocado Sauce
- 3 large beets made into zoodles
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 can black beans rinsed and drained
- 3 ears fresh corn grilled, cut off cob
- 2 large tomaotes chopped
- pickled jalopenos optional
Grilled Avocado Sauce
- 4 ripe avocados
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 poblano pepper
- 3 fresh scallions chopped
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1 lime juiced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1/4 cup toasted pepitas
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt more to taste
- In a large bowl toss zoodles with oil and salt. Then add remaining ingredients and set aside.Heat grill to medium heat. Cut the avocados in half lengthwise. Remove the pit from the avocado and discard. Place cut avocado sides on the grill and grill 3-4 minutes. Meanwhile also palace the red onion and poblano pepper on the bbq and grilled until charred.Remove the avocado from the skin and place the avocado flesh into a bowl. Remove skin and seeds from poblano chop with red onion and add to the bowl.Add the lemon juice, lime juice, red onion, chives, cilantro, pepitas, cumin, salt and pepper. Mash with a fork until half smooth and creamy. Taste and add more salt and if desired.Separate beet mixture into 3-4 bowls top with avocado sauce and drizzle with olive oil. Add a pinch of finishing salt and lime juice before serving!
If you make this recipe please comment below I love to hear from you! Happy August!!