How to cook the perfect steak!
My tried and true method to get that crisp outside and juicy center on your favorite cut of meat. With Valentines day coming up on Friday I thought it would be a great time to share my go to steak. I don’t eat steak to often since it can be a little out of my budget but when I do I make sure it’s delicious.
A few key steps will ensure you end up with a juicy delicious steak.
- Season steak liberally with kosher salt and leave uncovered in the fridge for 2 hours up to overnight
- Cook steak in a really hot cast iron skillet
- Pat steak dry before cooking and rub with olive oil and pepper
- Baste steak with butter, garlic and herbs
- Finish cooking steak in the oven to desired doneness
- Allow the steak to rest for 10 minutes after cooking that way all the juices stay in the meat
- If you can buy Grass- Fed meat it will not only taste better but contains way more essential nutrients
When you are ready to cook your steak ( heat oven to 400’F) get your pan smoking hot and pat your steak dry. Rub with olive oil and pepper. Add steak to the pan and don’t touch for about 3 minutes until you see the crust beginning to form. Flip the steak and add about 3 tbsp butter per steak to the pan with smashed garlic cloves and herbs. Tilt pan to the side and baste the steak with the butter for about 1 minute. Place steak in the oven to finish cooking to desired doneness.
If you are staying in for Valentines which I highly recommend grab some fresh steak and make it a cozy night in!