Happy New Years everyone! Cheers to a new Decade and 2020. I thought I would share one of my favorite healthy treats. Peanut butter chocolate chip protein bites,. Perfect for fueling after a workout or an after dinner treat. I don’t know about you but I have a healthyish treat everyday and love every bite of it.
I am a huge peanut butter and chocolate lover and when I make desserts I don’t like to use processed sugars an ingredients. I prefer coconut sugar, maple syrup and honey for sweeteners and almond and coconut flour for the base. Still just as delicious but full of more nutrients than your typical treats.
This recipe I adapted from Love and Lemons raw cookie dough super food bars. I used the same base but instead added mushroom powder, 1/4 cup chopped peanuts and dark chocolate chips and rolled them into balls. You can store them in the refrigerator or the freezer. I love to get all of my ingredients from Thrive Market they have the best products and pricing for everything heathy!
Healthy No Bake peanut Butter Chocolate Balls
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup vanilla almond milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 tbsp maca powder
- 1 tbsp OM mushroom powder
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
- Line an 8×8-inch baking pan with parchment paper.In a large bowl, stir together the peanut butter, almond milk, coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla, and salt until combined. Add the almond flour mushroom powder and maca and stir to combine . Fold in the chocolate chips and peanuts. Place in the freezer so that it firms up a bit for about 15 minutes. Roll into balls and place in the fridge or back in the freezer.
Do you have a favorite treat you would like made healthier? Let me know in the comments I would love to create one for you!