Grilled Vegetable Salad with a Lemon Tahini Dressing!
It’s Fathers Day weekend and one thing I know is that Dad’s love to BBQ! If you are firing up the grill this weekend this is the perfect side for whatever meat dad is grilling. My dad is a huge BBQ lover he literally has ever grill you can think of. Wether it’s a smoker, charcoal or gas he loves them all. I am still working on getting my dad to eat more vegetables LOL I feel like he will come around sooner or later!
One of my favorite things about this salad is you can literally use whatever vegetables you have on hand. I used some red cabbage, summer squash, fresh corn, red peppers, onion and fresh herbs. Just make sure you use a few firm vegetables like cabbage so there is more texture and it doesn’t turn out mushy.
A few key tips when grilling vegetables: make sure the grill is hot, oil the grill with avocado oil and wait to season your water heavy vegetables with salt until after they are done cooking. The salt brings out the moisture and doesn’t allow the vegetable to get those delicious grill marks we all love.
Finally to the lemon tahini dressing. As we all know that the dressing makes the salad. I absolutely love tahini its rich, nutty and pairs perfectly with lemon and herbs. I also love to add a pinch of sumac to add one more layer of citrus flavor. Mix it all up and toss it with the grilled vegetables they get coated in pure deliciousness.
If you make this recipe please comment below! To all the dad’s out there Happy Father’s Day!!
Grilled Vegetable Salad with Lemon Tahini Dressing
- 1/2 head red cabbage quartered
- 1 red onion peeled cut into rings
- 1 red bell pepper
- 3 large summer squash cut in half
- 3 corn on the cob husk removed
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 garlic cloves grated
- fresh cracked pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh herbs
Lemon Tahini Dressing
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 garlic clove peeled
- 1/2 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1/2 tsp sumac optional
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup water
- Heat BBQ to meduim high (425'F). In a large bowl toss cabbage, red onion and corn with avocado oil and salt. place on the bbq and cook 5-6 minutes per side. Add the squash and red bell pepper as well and cook 3-4 minutes per side.( For the corn and pepper you will want to turn a few times so they evenly cook) Once all vegetables are cooked cut corn off the cob and chop remiaining vegetables right away and toss with grated garlic. Season with additional salt and pepper. Place in a large bowl add herbs and toss with 1/4 cup of dressing at a time. ( Note if you dress the salad while warm the heat and natural juices from the veggies will increase the sauce amount) You may want to add more just add to your desired taste and preference.For the dressing – add all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. Taste for additional seasoning and add if needed.