Grilled Stuffed Mushrooms! Quick and easy weeknight meal on the table in under 30 minutes!
The temperatures are rising which means the less time we want to be heating the house up cooking! These mushrooms are a perfect way to get dinner on the table in under than 30 minutes. They are quick and require minimal prep time for a delicious dinner.
First for the mushrooms I did a quick marinade in balsamic vinegar, olive oil, some dijon mustard and salt and pepper. Let them soak for 10 minutes while the grill heats up and then grilled them 3-5 minutes a side. The great thing about mushrooms is they cook so quickly and still develop a ton of flavor from the grill.
Now for the filling!! I kept these vegetarian with cooked quinoa, roasted red peppers, white beans, grilled onion and pesto. You can make this all homemade or buy already cooked quinoa in the freezer section, pick up a jar of roasted red peppers, a can of white beans and your favorite store bought pesto! I also of course had to top it with a little fresh grated Parmesan because who doesn’t love a little cheese….
If you are not quite in the Italian mood this recipe is very versatile you can simply swap out the marinade with different spices and the filling with a different sauce and bean. For instance if you wanted Mexican use some cumin, lime juice, avocado oil and chili powder for the marinade and black beans with your favorite enchilada sauce for the filling! Any way you make it they will become a new quick week night favorite.
Grilled Stuffed Mushrooms
- 4 large portobello mushrooms cleaned and remove ribs if preferred
- 1/4 cup basalmic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp djion mustard
- 1 tsp kosher salt and pepper
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 can white beans drained/rinsed
- 1 roasted red bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 cup basil pesto
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped parsely
- 1/2 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese 1/4 cup for topping
- 1 tsp lemon juice and zest
- kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Heat bbq grill to medium high. Clean Mushrooms and remove ribs if desired. Mix olive oil, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add mushrooms and toss. Allow to marinate for 10 minutes. Once grill is hot add mushrooms and cook 3-5 minutes a side or unitl cooked through. While mushrooms are cooking mix all stuffing ingredients and reserve 1/4 cup cheese for topping. When mushrooms are done remove from the grill and place on a baking sheet. Scoop stuffing into each mushroom top with parmesan cheese and place back on the grill with the lid closed for 2-4 minutes or unitl cheese is melted. Alternatively you can do this step under the broiler as well. Remove from the grill and serve right away!
If you make this recipe please comment below I love to hear from you!!