Grilled Corn, Avocado and Arugula Salad! The ultimate summer salad crunchy toasted corn, creamy avocado and peppery Arugula tossed in a simple lemon dressing.
Corn is the ultimate Summer veggie! Crisp, juicy, and sweet, you just can’t beat it. A staple at farmers markets this time of year and perfect addition to all the bbq nights summer holds.
Fresh Sweet Corn Tips
Buy fresh corn and use it promptly. Freshly harvested corn has the sweetest, most delicious flavor, and it loses that flavor as time goes on. To store wrap in a moist towel and store in the fridge.
How to cut corn off the cob:
I find it easiest to just lay the corn down on the cutting board. Slice off a strip of kernels lengthwise with a sharp knife, rotate so the flat side is against the cutting board, and repeat as necessary.You can also flip a bowl upside down and stand the corn on top and cut the kernels off the cob.
This salad is so easy to make all you need is :
Let the in season ingredients shine and keeping the flavors simple makes vegetables taste amazingly delicious. One tip for when making salads is add a little dressing at a time nothing worse than an over dressed salad!
If you make this recipe I love to hear from you! Comment below and have an amazing day!
Grilled Corn, Avocado and Arugula Salad
- 2 bunches or bags arugula
- 2 avocados diced
- 4 ears of corn husked
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp pepperchini brine
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp kosher salt and pepper
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp lemon zest and juice
- 1/2 shallot minced
- Preheat a grill to medium-high heat. Place the corn on the grill and grill for 2 minutes per side, or until char marks form. Remove from grill and set aside. Allow to cool and then cut off the cob.In a large bowl toss together corn, avocado and arugula. Season with salt and pepper. In another bowl whisk together all dressing ingredients. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed. In small increments add the dressing to the corn mixture. This way you don't over dress the salad and save any leftover dressing it will last in the fridge for 1 week.