One bowl ooey and gooey chocolatey brownies! With a secret healthy ingredient chickpeas! These beauties are so easy to make and packed with good for you nutrients!
Beans in brownies? What the heck have I gone crazy! Nope I can assure you I am still the same me. I had made a batch of beans in the instant pot and had so many I decided to make some brownies. Let me tell you that no one would ever know these are made with beans. There is still the gooey chocolatey deliciousness we all love from brownies weather you are a corner or middle eater! Best part you only need a food processor and 30 minutes to make scrumptious brownies.
Whats inside?! Of course the beans which add a punch of fiber and protein and give the beans the creaminess. For sweetness I used chocolate date paste think healthy nutella. I am literally a bit obsessed with it ( link below for a discount) Raw almond butter to add more nuttiness and depth of flavor. Espresso powder which I feel is key to all chocolate desserts and cacao powder which adds another depth of chocolate because there can never be too much chocolate in a brownie!
A few tips for these brownies:
- When you mix everything in the food processor make sure you mix it well you do not want any chunks of beans
- Use this Date Spread for the ultimate chocolatey flavor ( use code 05danielle for discount)
- Feel free to taste the batter before baking if it needs a pinch of salt or sugar feel free to add
- Bake in a loaf pan lined with parchment
- Watch your baking time mine took about 16 minutes ( i like mine a bit under done)
- Finish with Maldon Sea Salt if you have it!
They’re fudgy, sweet, and still one of the best brownies I’ve had to date. Never mind they’re loaded with fiber, omega-3s and tons of other good-for-you ingredients. Happy Baking!!
Easy One Bowl Vegan brownies
- 1 can Organic Chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup smooth almond butter
- 1/4 cup chocolate date spread
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1 tsp fine kosher salt
- 1 tsp orgainc vanilla extract
- 1 tsp espresso powder optional
- 1 bar Dark chocolate chopped
- Heat oven to 350'F. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper In a large food processor add all ingredients except the chocolate bar. Mix for a few minutes until you get a very smooth consistency. Remove blade and mix in chopped chocolate. Spread into pan and bake 15-20 minutes. Remove from the oven top with sea salt and allow to cool. Cut into 8 pieces. Will keep room temperature for 3 days or in the freezer for 2 months.
If you make this recipe I would love to hear from you! Have an amazing weekend!!
This post contains affiliate links. I appreciate your support so I can continue sharing my love of cooking food that fuels the body and create conversations that feed the soul!