the whole head! Chile Tahini roasted cauliflower covered in a spiced tahini and roasted until crispy on the outside and lucious in the middle.
I literally eat cauliflower everyday from my morning oatmeal and smoothies to roasting it for lunch bowls and dinner at night. I feel like it is such a versatile vegetable you can literally do anything with it. Cauliflower is also loaded with great nutrients as well it has a great dose of fiber, vitamins and minerals and low in carbs if that is something you are watching.
I recently read an article that stated only 9.3% of americans are currently getting the daily recommended dose of 3 cups of veggies per day. Which in my opinion I think is still too low. The more fruits and vegetables we can get into our diets the better our microbiome is and therefore the healthier we will all be.
For this recipe I used my favorite Tahini from Ground Up Nut Butter ( save 15% through this link) it’s nutty, creamy and the perfect consistency with a hint of spice. If you are not familiar with tahini it’s the the peanut butter of the mediterranean. Highly recommend if you don’t have a bottle in your pantry its time to add to the list!
For the cauliflower you want to pick one that is on the smaller side that way your not waiting forever for it to get tender. Simply rub avocado oil all over the cauliflower season with salt and pepper and roast in the oven at 400’F for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes you will take the tahini mixture rub it all over and roast an additional 20 minutes or until the cauliflower is tender. I use a metal skewer or knife to check for doneness and once its removed from the oven finish with fresh herbs and lemon zest/juice.
One tip I always love to tell people when ever they are cooking vegetables is to make sure to salt them well and right when they come off the heat season with acid and herbs. When this is done the vegetables are able to soak up all that delicious flavor. This cauliflower is meal prep friendly and delicious in tacos, with any protein and grain bowl!
Chile Tahini Roasted Cauliflower
- 1 whole organic cauliflower washed and dried
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tbsp kosher salt and pepper
- 3 tbsp chilie tahini
- 1 garlic clove grated
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 lemon zested and juiced
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, parsely or cilantro
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.Rinse the cauliflower head and pat dry. Remove the outer leaves. Carefully cut off the bottom so that it's flat and most of the woody stem is removed, being careful not to cut off so much that it falls apart. Be sure the head stays intact.In a small bowl, make the tahini sauce. Stir together the tahini, lemon juice, garlic and salt ( taste and adjust seasoning if necessary)Place the trimmed cauliflower head upside down (core side up) onto a cast iron skillet. Drizzle 1/2 of the avocado oil over the cauliflower, tilting it to let it drip down the core and all around. Flip over and drizzle the remaining oil over the top. Use a pastry brush to brush on any that had dripped down to the pan or didn't spread well. Season with salt and pepper. Bake for 30 minutes and remove from the oven. Pour/brush over tahini sauce until the head is covered and bake an additional 15-20 minutes until cauliflower is tender and pierces easily with a skewer, knife or fork.Remove from the oven and top with lemon zest and fresh herbs!
If you make this recipe please comment below I love to hear from you! Have an amazing week!