Crispy Seared Salmon with Avocado and Cilantro Salsa!
Nothing beats a Crispy, Flaky piece of seared Salmon that is topped with a creamy avocado salsa. Quick and easy to make, healthy, flavorful and so delicious.
Did you know that Salmon is one of the most nutrient dense foods we can eat. Its contains high amounts of Omega 3’s which are long chain fatty acids that contain DHA and EPA. DHA and EPA help our brains function to there high-test capabilities and also decrease inflammation, lower blood pressure, reduce the risk of cancer and improve the function of the cells that line your arteries. Needless to say make sure you get in your omega 3’s for optimum wellness.
For this recipe I really kept it simple. Seasoned the salmon with a mix of mexican oregano, chile powder and salt. The key when searing salmon in a pan is to pat it dry and season it well. Get the pan really hot and sear each side for 2-4 minutes depending on how thick it is. You want to make sure you don’t touch it to much let the pan do the work.
The salsa pairs perfectly with the Salmon. The creaminess from the avocado and beans, crunch from the cabbage and corn and tossed with a cilantro lime dressing. Can be made ahead just wait to ass the avocado until ready to serve. This salsa is also amazing with chips as a dip or for tacos.
Fast, easy, healthy and delicious best way to start getting healthy meals on the table for family dinner. Don’t forget to make leftovers as the salmon is so tasty in a salad bowl or tacos.
Chile Crusted Salmon with Avocado Black Bean Salsa
- 4 wild caught salmon filets skin removed
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tbsp chilie powder ( i like chipolte)
- 1 tsp mexican oregano
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- 2 avocados diced
- 1 bunch cilantro chopped
- 1 bunch green onions diced
- 4 roma tomaotes seeded and diced
- 1 jalopeno diced, seeeds removed
- 2 cans no salt added organic black beans
- 2 cups fire roasted corn
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp white balsalmic vinegar
- 3 limes zested and juiced
- 1 tbsp dried mexican oregano
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- Heat cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add avocado oil. While pan is heating mix spices together and rub both sides of each fish filet. Place fish in skillet and allow to cook 3-4 minutes per side. Do not filp until a crust forms on the bottom. Salsa – in a glass jar or small bowl mis together olive oil, vinegar, lime juice, zest, oregano and salt. Whisk or skae in the jar and taste adjust seasoning if needed. IN a large bowl add all salsa ingredients and mix. Add half the dressing and mis until everything is coated. Add more dressing if necessary. Serve salmon with salsa on top. Both can be made ahead and will last in the fridge 3-4 days.
If you make this recipe please comment below I love to hear from you! Have an amazing week!