Chickpea Flour Pizza Crust!! My favorite Gluten free baking flour that takes pizza night to a whole other level!
I have been working with chickpea flour for the past year ever since I found out I can not eat gluten because it causes a ton of digestive issues I have suffered from over the years. I love using it in both sweet and savory applications. The great thing about using chickpea flour as a pizza crust is it can be made in a few minutes and you don’t have to use yeast or wait for the dough to rise.
Simple, budget friendly and delicious perfect for a quick week night meal or fun weekend activity with the kids. Now one thing I like to do when recipes or dishes call for water is use homemade vegetable broth. It is water just flavored and adds another depth of flavor. All you need for this dish is chickpea flour, water or broth, olive oil a good cast iron skillet and your favorite spices. You can go greek, italian, middle eastern the possibilities are endless!
Now we all know how important a good pizza crust is the topping are where its at. I love to use veggies that are in season either grill or roast them in the oven and for sauces hummus, dairy free alfredo, tomato sauce and pesto. Again whatever you are feeling like or if you want to forage your fridge and use whatever you have that is amazing too.
Chickpea Flour Pizza Crust
- 1 cup garbanzo bean flour
- 1 cup water or vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp italian seasoning or your favorite blend
- favorite sauces and toppings
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl and use a whisk to stir them together, making sure that there are no lumps. This mixture should have the consistency of pancake batter. Generously grease a 12-inch skillet (I like to add a piece of parchment paper on the bottom, too, to make sure the crust is easy to remove later) and pour the batter into the skillet. Shake the skillet to make sure the batter covers the entire bottom. Place the skillet into the oven to cook for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and place on a baking sheet. Top with your favorite toppings and cheese broil for a few minutes to melt or heat up toppings if needed or eat right away. Leftovers last 3-4 days in the fridge.
If you make this please comment below I love to hear from you! Also would love to know what toppings are your favorite? Happy Weekend!