Chicken, Mushroom and Cauliflower lettuce wraps with a spicy fish sauce!
Lettuce wraps better than PF Changs! Yes I know that is a bold statement but these will really become a family favorite. I am a sucker for a good lettuce wrap and these hit all the marks for a delicious wrap.
One of the easiest and quickest meals you can make on the fly for a delicious family dinner. These are filled with ground chicken, meaty mushrooms, cauliflower rice and crunchy water chestnuts. All sautéed up and tossed in an amazing spicy fish sauce from one of my favorite cookbooks Six Seasons by Josh McFadden.
Your probably thinking fish sauce I don’t want it to taste fishy and I promise it does not. I absolutely love using fish sauce in cooking it adds a salty unami flavor and savoriness that you really can’t get from any other sauce. Perfect for these wraps and it will want you going back for more!
Chicken, Mushroom and Cauliflower Lettuce Wraps
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 lb mushrooms diced
- 1 bag frozen riced cauliflower
- 1/2 cup water chestnuts chopped
- 1 bunch scallions
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 head napa cabbage
Spicy Fish Sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh hot chilie peppers seeded and minced
- 4 large garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 cup fish sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp sugar
- Heat avocado oil in a saute pan over medium high heat. Add ground chicken, mushrooms and cauliflower and cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the chicken as it cooks; drain excess fat.Stir in garlic, chestnuts and green onions until tender, about 1-2 minutes; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Add 1/2 cup of spicy fish sauce and cook 1-2 minutes until heated thhrough.Sauce – Stir all ingredients in a bowl and make the day ahead if possible. Will keep in the fridge for 1 month. To serve, spoon several tablespoons of the chicken mixture into the center of a lettuce leaf,top with fresh cilantro and eat taco-style.