Casear style roasted broccoli, tender in the middle and crispy on the outside. Tossed in a caesar style sauce with cheesy parmesan and toasty pine nuts. One of my biggest passions as a person who loves to cook is to get as many kids eating more vegetables as possible. I recently have begun substitute teaching at a local school and it breaks my heart how poorly the kids eat. There is rarely a fruit or vegetable in site! My goal is to help make vegetables and healthy food in general more appealing to kids and easy for parents to make.
This broccoli dish can definitely make the little ones excited for their greens.
Packed with a ton of flavor, the broccoli is a quick and easy side dish that can be put together in 30 minutes or less. Quick tip on roasting veggies make sure you spread them out on the baking sheet that way they roast and do not steam. Be sure to get your ovens ready because this can become a new weekly favorite!
Caesar Style Roasted Broccoli
- 1 large garlic clove grated
- 1 anchovie minced
- 1/2 lemon zested
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts roughly chopped
- 1 large head broccoli cut into steaks
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- Salt and pepper
- Heat oven to 400'F. In a large bowl toss broccoli in avocado oil and salt in pepper. Roast 20-25 minutes until crispy. Meanwhile in that same bowl whisk together garlic, lemon zest, juice, anchovie and mustard. When broccoli is done toss in dressing and top with Parmesan and pine nuts.
If you make this recipe I would love to hear from you! Comment below! Have an amazing day.