Buffalo Cauliflower Salad!
Who said buffalo sauce is just for wings? This buffalo cauliflower salad is loaded with cauliflower, fresh crunchy cabbage, creamy avocado, spicy pickled jalapeños and herby cilantro. Fresh, fast and delicious!
I am a total spice lover. I add spice to most of my meals and have always been a fan of buffalo chicken.When I first tried Primal Kitchen foods new Buffalo sauce I knew I had to make a creamy and crunchy salad to let it shine. The crunchy cabbage, creamy avocado and red onion add great texture to compliment the spicy cauliflower and salad.
We all now how much I love cauliflower I don’t think the love affair will be ending anytime soon. For this recipe I grilled the cauliflower first for just a few minutes to get the char flavor on it then I finished it in the oven. I did this to amp up the flavors and get the cauliflower crispy. Nothing better than crispy cauliflower!! While you cook the cauliflower all you have to do is toss the cabbage salad together and its ready to eat. Delicious, healthy salad ready in 30 minutes.
Buffalo Cauliflower Salad
- 1 head cauliflower chopped into large florets
- 1/2-3/4 cup buffalo sauce
- 1 cup napa cabbage shredded
- 1/2 cup carrots shredded
- 1 bunch green onions chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 avocado diced
- 1 tbsp pickled jalopenos add more if you want it spicier
- 2 tbsp avocado oil mayo
- 2 tbsp buffalo sauce
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- kosher salt and black pepper
- Heat the bbq to medium high heat. While bbq is heating up also heat oven to 450'f. Allow baking sheet to heat up in the oven as well. Once the bbq is hot place the cauliflower on the grill and cook 3-4 minutes per side or until the cauliflower has grill marks. When done place in a large bowl season with salt and pepper and toss with 1/2 cup of bufflao sauce. Add a little more if not fully coated. Arrange cauliflower on the pre heated baking sheet and cook in the oven an additional 10-12 minuties until crispy.Mix the red onion with red wine vinegar and allow to sit for 10 minutes than drain. While the cauliflower is cooking (use the same bowl you tossed the cauliflower in )mix the mayo, 2 tbsp bufflao sauce, pickled jalopenos and onion. then toss in cabbage, carrots, cilantro, green onions and avocado. Season with salt and pepper. When cauliflower is done toss all together and serve. if you want to make ahead just leave the avocado out and add when you are ready to eat!
If you try this recipe please let me know. I love to hear from you! Have an amazing day!