Bite sized Grilled Peach Caprese! Perfect bite sized appetizer layered with Mozzarella cheese, green tomatoes, juicy grilled peaches, crunchy red cabbage and fresh basil.
Caprese salad is one of my favorites not only is it really easy to make, but the ingredients are simple and whole food focused. I thought it would be fun to change up the flavors a bit. Still keeping the cheese, tomatoes and basil in place I added delicious summer peaches, crunchy red cabbage and a drizzle of pomegranate molasses.
If you haven’t tried pomegranate molasses I highly recommend adding it to your pantry. Its a little tart and tangy and really balances out the flavors in these appetizer bites. My favorite is from Just Dates Syrup the taste is fantastic and there is no added sugar just the pomegranate syrup with a hint of dates. ( use code Danielle10 at checkout for a discount :))
One little tip for this dish is making sure you get juicy ripe peaches. When picking peaches follow your nose they should smell fragrant and sweet. Be soft to the touch and no blemishes. Peaches are actually one of the very few fruits that actually continue to ripen after they are picked.
These bites are perfect for summer bbq’s and even afternoon snack time. If you love the traditional caprese you will love these.
Bite Size Grilled Peach Caprese
- 1 log fresh mozzerella cheese sliced
- 1 large green tomato sliced
- 2 peaches pits removed and sliced
- 1/4 cup finely diced cabbage
- pomagranete molasses
- kosher salt
- fresh basil leaves
- Heat bbq to medium high. Make sure bbq grates are oiled. Place sliced peaches on grill for 1-2 minutes per side. Remove from grill and allow to cool. To make bites – Lay cheese slices on a platter. Top with sliced tomaotes season with salt, layer on one peach slice, then sprinkle with cabbage, drizzle with molasses and top with fresh basil leaves. Best served right away.
If you give these bites a try please comment below i would love to hear from you! Have an amazing weekend!