Grilled Balsamic Chicken with tomato Brushetta! Minimal ingredients and packed full of flavor!
There is nothing better than a delicious grilled chicken breast but I do know that with chicken we can also tend to make it the same way over and over and it can be a bit boring. Not with this simple marinade of just good quality balsamic vinegar , olive oil, salt and pepper. Let it marinade overnight and its ready for grilling the next day.
My favorite way to use up my summer tomatoes is to make a bruschetta. I find that the juicy tomatoes, caramelized onion and garlic pairs so well with the grilled chicken which makes it a perfect topper.
The bruschetta is a family favorite and so simple to make. All you need is red onion, garlic, tomatoes, olive oil, salt and fresh basil. It can be made ahead but I find it best to be made the day of since when you refrigerate tomatoes they loose there flavor.
How do you know when your chicken is ready?
The safe internal temperature for cooked chicken is 165° Fahrenheit (75° Celsius). A meat or instant-read thermometer is your best bet for determining the temperature of your chicken. Insert into the thickest part of the chicken breast for the most accurate reading. Make sure it is cooked through no one wants to eat raw chicken!
I love to serve this dish with grilled potatoes and veggies. The more colors on the plate the better!!
Balsamic Grilled Chicken with Tomato Bruschetta
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 red onion finely diced
- 4 garlic cloves thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 6-8 medium sized tomaotes seeds removed and diced
- 1 cup fresh basil chiffonode
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- kosher salt
- ChickenPlace the chicken in a glass baking dish or silicone bag. Mix the oil, vinegar, salt and pepper together and pour over chicken. Allow to marinade for a few hours prefreably overnigt. When ready to cook. Heat bbq to medium high. Place chicken on the grill and cook 3-4 minutes per side. Or until internal temperature reaches 165'F. Brushetta In a small saute pan heat avocado oil over medium heat add onion and garlic. Cook stirring occasionally until caramelized 5-6 minutes. While onion and garlic is cooking add diced tomatoes, basil and balsamic vinegar and mix until combined. When onion mixture is caramelized remove from heat and add olive oil into pan. Allow to cool for 10-15 minutes then add into tomato mixture. Mix and add remaining kosher salt and pepper. Serve right away or store in the fridge for up to 3 days.To serve top chicken with brushetta and serve with your favorite sides.
If you make this recipe please comment below or tag #savorthekitchen on instagram! I love to see your creations. Have an amazing day!