Asparagus, radishes and Fresh herbs with a grilled lemon parmesan dressing is the pinnacle of Spring flavors!
Asparagus have arrived in the stores and I couldn’t be more excited it means SPRING is coming! I have to admit I always think of pee when I see asparagus which is not ideal when your cooking. But when I was little I would always laugh when right after I ate asparagus and peed I could smell it. Anyone else? Aside for that I have to say they are one of my favorite veggies! Fresh, crisp and full of healthy for you nutrients.
A few things for when buying and storing asparagus. Look for stalks that are firm and fresh not slimy and moist. Do this by looking at the bottom of the bunch and the tops, stay away from any slime or complete dryness. To store asparagus you want to trim the bottoms off and place them in a jar filled with filtered water. You just want enough water to cover the bottom of the stems and they will last in the fridge for up to a week.
This salad is so simple and fresh can be served as a side dish or I even had it with eggs yesterday for breakfast! You can mix up the herbs and radish types depending on the flavors you love.
For the dressing I kept it simple and let the ingredients shine. Since winter/spng is citrus season I love to cook citrus in different ways. One of my favorites is I love to grill citrus, it adds that extra layer of flavor perfect for this salad. I even like to make extra to store in the fridge and its one of my go to meal prep sauces.
Simple ingredients that let the in season produce shine. Your also getting some if the rainbow in every bite.
Asparagus, Radish and Herb Salad with Grilled Lemon Parmesan Dressing
- 1 Bunch Asparagus – thinly sliced
- 1 large watermelon radish – thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh herbs
- 1 tsp kosher salt and pepper
- 2 grilled lemons ( cut in half and place in the grill until charred) juiced
- 2 peeled garlic cloves
- 1/2 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp aleppo pepper optional
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- Salad – toss aspaprgus, radish and herbs in a bowl. Add dressing 1/4 cup at a time and toss. Add more per your liking. Dressing- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Taste and add more salt and pepper if necessary. This will keep in the fridge for 1 week. To make ahead just keep vegetables and dressing seperate and I highly recommend storing vegetables in glass containers they will last longer.
If you make this recipe I would love to hear from you! Comment below or tag me on instagram!! @danielle_christy_