Shrimp Pesto Pasta! Delicious family dinner ready in 30 minutes!
This recipe has been a family favorite for years. It’s simple enough for a quick weeknight meal but tastes so delicious you would think it took longer to make.
I am so grateful when I grew up my mom made homemade dinner every night and I cherish those memories more and more every day. The reason I started this blog is to share family recipes and hope to inspire you to make dinner more at home!
Celery, onion, mushrooms and tomatoes are sautéed and then tossed together in freshly cooked shrimp and homemade pesto sauce. If you don’t like shrimp chicken works great as well. I also love to serve this with pasta my favorite gluten free brand is Jovial. The pasta doesn’t get as gummy and gooey as some other gluten free pastas.
Be sure when you make this you make extra because the leftovers are delicious!!
Shrimp Pesto Pasta
- 4 tbsp olive oil divided
- 2 lbs mushrooms sliced
- 2 whole celery stalks finely diced
- 1 sweet onion diced
- 4 whole roma tomatoes seeded and diced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 cups homemade or store bought basil pesto
- 1/2 cup fresh basil chopped
- 1.5 lbs raw shrimp peeled and dried
- 1 pkg gluten free angel hair
- kosher salt and pepper
- parmesan cheese and lemon zest for serving optional
- Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil. Season heavly with kosher salt and cook pasta to aldente. Drain and set aside. Heat saute pan over medium heat. Add 2 tbsp olive oil and saute mushrooms until cooked. Season with salt and pepper remove from pan. Add 1 tbsp oil to pan and saute celery and onion for 5-8 minutes or until translucent. Season with salt and pepper add tomatoes and garic cook for an additional 3-4 minutes. Adjust heat to low and add pesto sauce and fresh basil cook over low until warmed through. While sauce is cooking heat another saute pan with remaining 1 tbsp olive oil. When pan is hot add shrimp season with salt and pepper and cook 2-3 minutes per side. Add shrimp to pesto sauce and toss with pasta. Season with additional salt and pepper if needed. I love to zest some lemon on top and sprinkle with parmesan and fresh basil.
What is your favorite family meal?