SPINACH, ARTICHOKE AND WHITE BEAN CASSEROLE! THIS HEALTHY BAKE IS FILLED WITH CREAMY WHITE BEANS, CHUNKY ARTICHOKES AND ALL THE GREENS. RICH AND VELVETY LIKE THE ORIGINAL BUT NUTRITIOUS AND PACKED WITH FLAVOR.
You might be thinking I am crazy sharing a casserole recipe when its still really hot outside but this is so easy to make I couldn’t resist. This is a one pan wonder. Can be made ahead, eaten as a dip and even used as a sauce for grains and pastas.
What makes this casserole is the use of cashews and beans for the sauce, which creates the creaminess we all love. I mean you can’t have a casserole and it not be creamy
INGREDIENTS FOR THE CASSEROLE
- Frozen spinach which I find is better than fresh because there is no residual water let over after cooking. So make sure before you add it to the pan you squeeze as much water out as possible.
- A can of whole artichoke hearts which I drained and chopped.
- 1 can white beans I love cannalenni, drained and rinsed.
- Garlic and onion well because I literally have a hard time cooking with out them.
- Cashews which help make the creamy sauce.
- Parmesan cheese or nutritional yeast for cheesiness.
- Panko Bread crumbs for the crispy crunchy topping