Roasted Garlic, Lemon and Herb summer Squash!
Have you ever grown summer squash? If you have you know it grows like weeds. They can grow to be a variety of sizes and prepared in so many ways. I make sure I stock up every week at the farmers market for quick, healthy easy week night cooking.
For this dish I wanted the squash to be the star. It’s a super simple recipe with only 5 ingredients : squash, garlic, lemon, olive oil and fresh herbs. You simply cut the squash in the hassle back style and stuff garlic and herbs in between each slice. While it bakes in the oven the garlic becomes rich and lusicious creates the ultimate flavor bomb. Let this become your new go to easy side dish for any meal.
- 2-3 medium sized summer squash, sliced hassle back
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled thinly sliced
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- ½ cup fresh herbs, chopped
- ½ cup love oil
- zest of 1 lemon
- kosher salt and pepper
- Heat oven 400 degrees.
- Place hassle back squash in oven safe baking dish season with salt and pepper.
- Mix herbs, olive oil, shallot, lemon zest and garlic in a bowl.
- Stuff mixture in between each slice and pour any remaining over top.
- Bake in oven 30-40 minutes.
If you make this recipe please rate or comment below. Have an amazing day!